Tuesday 6 October 2009

Edward Scissorhands

The title sequence I looked at on Art of the Title was Tim Burton's Edward Scissorhands.
Here is the 9 frame grid of the film's title sequence:

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

The sequence is 1minute and 45seconds long.
The use of dark black/grey colours and the use of images is effective as it sets the atmosphere of the film.
It is also something i'd expect from a Tim Burton film.
You can watch the opening of the film on Art of the Title website or here on youtube.

Whilst watching the video I created a timeline to note down what titles appear, e.g. Cast, Director, Producer, Cinematography by (etc) and in what order they appear. As well as the times they appear, e.g. how long the time period is between each title.

This task allowed to me to understand title sequences better which will help me a lot when producing my own film opening.

Here is a photo of my timeline:
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

full size image here

No comments:

Post a Comment