Saturday 17 October 2009

Editing

I began to edit on Friday morning dropping the footage I shoot on Wednesday into the timeline on Final Cut Express. I began to build my opening up, placing the footage in the right order, cutting and cropping down shots where needed, with input from Angelica. I then began to look at where I wanted the main title to be and how I wanted it to look (etc).
Luckily Angelica and I found a font last week called Kingjola on Dafont.com which we both thought would work well.



Using the font I started to create my own titles step by step.
Firstly I opened the font, taken from the website, in Photoshop CS4


I then used the Magic wand tool to make the colours invert (so the font colour is white and the background colour is black).
I then made the text and the decorative part of the font into two different layers so that in Final Cut Express the two layers could move individually.


This is what I was left with


Then opening it in Final Cut Express I added video effects. The effects I used were
- Gaussian Blur
- Earthquake
- Directional
I like the way the effects make the font look old and distressed, which help towards the supernatural thriller aspect.

Screen grab of the filter effects used:

Next I placed in the music from the online game I posted on my blog. The music works really well and I think I may keep it for my final piece. My only concern is that I did not create the music, so I may open the track in garage band to modify it to make it my own.

At the begining of next week, Angelica plans to start to create her comic book opening using still-frames from my footage, which I shall help her with, like shes been helping me with my opening. I am also aware that she is going to take photo's of a main character as she wants an introduction to a character in her opening, unlike me.

Rough cut of the opening to come soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment