Thursday 17 September 2009

Creative Media Postcard

The task given was to create a postcard design for the Creative and Media course.
To do this we used Flickr to gather two images of our choice and manipulate them using Photoshop to come up with a whole new graphic.

This is the postcard design i came up with



I don't like my final postcard, particularly the font. It just doesn't stand out enough and looks too dull for something that is mean't to be creative.

I wasn't too sure how i wanted my postcard to look, however i thought it should represent the course in some way, i guess thats where the film reel and coloured lights come in to the design.
The first image i found was of lights on an iPhone, this became my background image. The second image i found was a photo of a film reel. I cut this image in half and took the background out, using the magic wand tool, to place in the curve of the lights. I then faded the image and added text.

This image along with the other Creative and Media postcards can be found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment